Course Catalog: Safety
OSHA courses are not only a great way to bring yourself up to speed on safety codes, completion cards are now being required on some private contracts and on publicly funded construction jobs in Connecticut and Massachusetts! Our courses are instructed by OSHA authorized instructors with years of construction and construction safety experience. Upon successful course completion, students will receive Completion Cards from the U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
Check our Course Schedule for current classes.
Schedule not convenient for your employees?
Online and In house safety training is available.
Please contact us for information about in house training.
Safety Courses Offered
|Safety Officer Training Program
|This 40–Hour training program is made for construction company safety officers in training or
administrative and field staff responsible for aspects of your company’s safety program. This
program can be attended either as a certificate program or on a class by class basis to gain
knowledge on the varied aspects of managing a company’s safety program. Included in the
certificate program topics are all items necessary for an OSHA 30–Hour Outreach for Construction
Completion card. Program will be facilitated by Ed LaFrance, CEC OSHA Instructor
and Safety Consultant with over 30 years of safety and training experience. Additional speakers
will be added for various topics. Call our office for program details.
| Topics Covered:
• Understanding Your Company’s Safety
• Expectations of Safety Officers
• OSHA Standards – Introduction to OSHA
• How to conduct Safety Training and Safety
• Understanding your role as a safety officer in Prejob
• OSHA Standards – Welding & Cutting
• Documenting & disciplining employees for bad
• OSHA Standards – Ladders
• OSHA Standards – Fall Protection
• How to conduct a proper Accident Investigation.
• OSHA Standards – Motor Vehicles, Cranes & Mechanized
• Workman’s Compensation
• OSHA Standards – Demolition
• OSHA Standards – Steel Erection
• OSHA Standards – Fire Prevention & Fire Protection
• Roles and responsibilities of multi–employer job
• OSHA Standards – Scaffolds
• OSHA Standards – PPE
• OSHA Standards – Occupational Health & Environmental
• OSHA Standards – Hazard Communication
• OSHA Standards – Electrical Safety
• Record Keeping
• OSHA 300
• Recordable Incidents
• OSHA Standards – Record Keeping
• OSHA Standards – Confined Space
• Focus Four – Falls, Electrocution, Caught in & Struck By
• OSHA 30 Hour Outreach Review & Test
|OSHA 10 Hour
|OSHA courses are not only a great way to bring yourself up to speed on safety codes, completion cards are now being required on some private contracts and on publicly funded construction jobs in Connecticut and Massachusetts!
Our courses are instructed by OSHA authorized instructors with years of construction and construction safety experience. Upon successful course completion, students will receive Completion Cards from the U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
• OSHA Act, General Duty
• Materials Handling, Storage, Usage & Disposal
• Motor Vehicles, Mechanized & Construction Equipment
• General Safety & Health Provisions
Personal Protective Equipment
• Stairways, Ladders & Excavations
Required Fall Protection
• Competent Persons
|OSHA 30 Hour
|OSHA 30 Hour Outreach courses are ideal for supervisors and managers. This course will
provide instruction on a variety of construction industry safety and health standards to
intermediate and advanced level participants. Those who successfully complete the course will
receive Completion Cards from the U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Safety and
Health Administration (OSHA). Courses can be facilitated in both English or Spanish. See the information regarding our Safety Officer Training course that includes a 30-hour
Please contact us for more information on OSHA 30-hour Outreach Inhouse Courses.
• Introduction to OSHA Standards
• General Safety and Health
• Occupational health and
• Fire Protection and Prevention
• Cranes and Rigging
• Welding and Cutting
• Electrical Standards
• Fall Protection
• Demolition Stairways and Ladders
• Confined Spaces
• Understanding of regulations or standards that could help in establishing a
ONLINE OSHA 10 & OSHA 30
|Taking our OSHA courses online offers these benefits:
• Receive your Department of Labor (DOL) Outreach Training Completion Card
• OSHA Accepted Training with Access to an OSHA Authorized Instructor for
• Audio Narration and Interactive Exercises
• Real Life Case Studies
• Download or Print Reviews for Final Exam Preparation
• Work where and when you want; all you need is access to the internet
|Learn more about our online safety training here.
Outreach Training Program online courses offered in cooperation with the
University of South Florida OTIEC.